Frequently Asked Questions
All Prices quoted include GST unless stated otherwise.
PRICE AND SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
1. Our Standard payment terms are strictly C.O.D. Only.
3. Electronic transfer (subject to receipt confirmation by our bank)
4. Quotations are valid for 7 days only.
5. A 50% deposit will be required to confirm orders for Build to Order (BTO) PC’s and Notebook PC’s.
6. Confirmation of order is only deemed to have occurred on receipt of deposit funds by The Tech Bloke IT Services or by our bank.
7. No Goods are sold on a trial basis.
8. BTO PC and Notebook orders may be cancelled by The Tech Bloke IT Services 7 days after notification that they are ready for collection. If not collected after 14 days, the deposit will be forfeited, and The Tech Bloke IT Services reserves the right to sell the goods in order to defray costs.
9. Orders for BTO PC’s and Notebooks may be cancelled within 24 hours of order confirmation, however a handling charge of $199 will be issued by The Tech Bloke IT Services for such order cancellation.
10. Any queries regarding a purchase must be reported by the following working day. This includes, but is not limited to, omissions (hardware, software, manuals, etc.), invoicing, charging or payment queries.
11. As far as is possible, we will inform the customer of any known bugs in the hardware or software being purchased. Hardware and software bugs are the responsibility of the hardware or software manufacturer
1. The warranty is only valid for The Tech Bloke IT Services Customers within its warranty period.
2. We do not warrant the suitability of goods. Please check the suitability of products with your system and/or the manufacturer before purchasing.
3. Products have a 12 month warranty from date of purchase (Unless otherwise specified).
4. The warranty will be void if the serial number or its label is missing.
5. The warranty will be void if items are written on or tampered with.
6. The Tech Bloke IT Services will repair or replace the item if a manufacture failure has occurred within the warranty period.
7. The minimum waiting period for the replacement of warranty items is 48 hours after return. This may be extended due to the availability of stock from the Manufacturer or Base Supplier.
8. A component will be declared void and out of warranty if goods are mishandled, struck by lightning or power surges.
9. If a system is returned under warranty, we cannot guarantee safety of any classified Data. It is the Customer’s responsibility to backup all Data including Application Programs prior to returning any system to The Tech Bloke IT Services.
10. Damage and defects which are in our opinion directly caused by incorrect or improper use, neglect, power surges, lightening damage, or mishandling by the customer are specifically excluded from any warranty given or implied.
11. In the event that a system or hardware is sent to us under warranty and it is discovered that the fault has arisen due to misuse, neglect, mishandling, incorrect or improper use, we may, at our discretion, charge for parts and/or labour.
12. In the event that a system or hardware is sent to us under warranty and it is discovered that the system is functioning as intended, or that the fault has arisen as a result of a software issue, we may, at our discretion, charge for our labour.
1. The Tech Bloke IT Services does not issue cash refunds. 2. No credits will be issued on Printer Cartridges or Software. 3. Original invoices must be presented with all returns.
1. Faulty goods must be returned to The Tech Bloke IT Services
2. Please back-up your data on your hard disk drive before sending the PC for Repairs. Our workshop will not be held liable for any loss of data.
3. The Tech Bloke IT Services will provide a quotation for repairs which must be approved by the customer prior to commencement of repair work.
4. Workshop repairs carry a 90-day warranty on the repaired item, unless otherwise specified on specific components. The warranty period will commence from Invoice date.
5. Any repairs that are not collected after 45 days will be disposed of without further notice.
6. Any software configuration, installation or virus removal carried out and demonstrated to the Customer as working correctly is considered from that stage as completed task. If a similar fault occurs, they will be treated as chargeable and will form a new contract.
7. The Tech Bloke IT Services will only support Operating Systems and Application Software for which the Customer has valid licenses and the original CD’s or media on which the software was delivered.
8. If, during an upgrade and/or repair, it is necessary to reinstall the customer’s software or operating system, the customer will have to supply The Tech Bloke IT Services with original software installation disks and/or serial numbers and /or product keys. Failure to provide installation disk, serial numbers or product keys may make it impossible to install such software and/or operating systems.
9. The Tech Bloke IT Services reserves the right not to install, reinstall or test any software that we suspect may be pirated or obtained through any illegal means.
10. New components installed as the result of a repair or an upgrade will have a one-year warranty from the date of their purchase (unless otherwise specified). No new or additional warranty is given or implied on existing components.
11. The Tech Bloke IT Services does not accept liabilities for any unforeseen hardware failure that occurs while a System or hardware components are in our possession.
12. The Tech Bloke IT Services does not deliver repaired items.
13. The Tech Bloke IT Services are not liable for any consequential loss or expenses, however caused, including incidental return costs.